CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 2, 2009

A Short Introduction of Myself..




Welcome to my blog! I'm really happy that I now own a blog for myself. The last time I blogged was a year ago and it was under a group project. Blogging all over again really got me excited as it is something that is both captivating and enriching. In my opinion, blogging is a really cool way to express our views and opinions. What is more interesting is that, people of all walks of life have the chance to blog on anything when and where they want! -this just goes to show how technology has transformed based on the changing of times. In addition, more and more people can share their views and opinions about a subject matter this way. Ok, ok.. I know you are getting bored with me blabbering away about technology and all.. So please let me get back to what I am supposed to do. -Introducing myself :) My name is Rowena Francis but most of my friends call me Rowena. I am currently pursuing my degree in English Language Studies in the National University of Malaysia. I hail from a small town called Kluang which is located in the center of Johor. It is the town where I have been living for 21 years now. I am the youngest and the only daughter. I have two elder brothers Danny and Hetish who are studying to be a Doctor and a Banker respectively. My mother is a social worker and she cares a lot for the poor and the needy. I sometimes help her to distribute rations to the poor when I'm home for the holidays. She does it on a voluntary basis and she always says that it's all for a good cause. My father on the other hand, is a lecturer in a local university and because of his commitment and dedication to his work, it made me realize that teaching was going to be my courier option too. So after my STPM, I applied for TESL, but sadly however, I was not given a place. Surely it will be a lie if I say that I was not saddened by the fact that I was not given the chance to pursue my studies in that course. But everything turned 360 degrees when I met the lectures in my faculty and also in PPBL. They totally changed me and my narrow-minded perception that if I do not get TESL, I will be destined to be a failure in life. But as for now, I can say that the drive to study hard and be somebody in the future has really pushed me to be focused and not think of the past anymore. It's 5th gear all the way for me from now on!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment